React or ReactJS is the first choice of many developers for creating dynamic user interfaces for websites. Created by Meta, React is utterly suitable for the development of single-page applications and mobile applications. New updates are launched every now and then to improve the capabilities of React.
- Supports the creation of reusable components.
- Virtual DOM allows quick manipulation of on-screen elements.
- It’s easy to learn React.
- Easy to test and debug.
- You can use React in any part of a web application.
- Certain aspects of React, such as JSX and hooks are opinionated.
- Learning JSX is important to work with React, which is time-consuming.
Web applications created using Angular are fast and offer excellent performance. One of the most interesting features of Angular is Angular CLI (command-line interface). The Angular CLI makes it easy and effective to initialize and manage Angular projects.
- Facilitates the creation of progressive web apps.
- Easy to add animations.
- Ideal for creating complex applications.
- DOM manipulation is easy.
- Angular is difficult to learn and implement.
- It supports two-way binding.
- The concepts of Vue.js are easy to understand.
- Not a good choice for large projects.
Web applications created using Next.js are SEO-friendly and fast. The server-side rendering feature makes it possible to generate the HTML code of a website on the server and send it to the client. This allows websites and web apps to load faster in the browser. Also, it allows the creation and reuse of components.
- Fast load time with lazy loading.
- Automatic routing.
- Build time grows exponentially with the increase in the size of the web application.
One key thing to notice about MeteorJS is that it is an isomorphic framework. You can use the framework for both front-end and back-end development. Developing applications with MeteorJS is easy with hundreds of packages available. Also, it is one of the best frameworks out there for developing real-time web applications, such as instant messaging apps and video streaming platforms.
- Full-stack solution for web app development.
- Possible to develop applications quickly.
- The use of too many packages can create issues.
Nuxt.js generally competes with Vue.js and is considered to be a better option for certain reasons. For instance, Nuxt.js create a static version of a website, and thus it’s possible to deploy web applications without the need for a server. Also, web pages created with Nuxt are more SEO-friendly.
- Flexibility to choose between on-demand server rendering and static website generation.
- It’s easy to extend the functionality of apps with Nuxt modules.
- Not effective for handling high traffic.
One advantage of using Backbone.js is that it allows you to write clean code. The framework is suitable for creating single-page applications. There’s no specific structure that you need to follow for developing web applications using Backbone.js. Many well-known companies that utilize Backbone.js include Airbnb and Atlassian.
- It is lightweight and fast.
- The coding conventions of Backbone.js helps to speed up the development process.
- Debugging is not easy.
Ember.js is a great choice for building scalable web applications. It supports two-way binding and is suitable for developing interactive web applications. The framework allows you to create server-side rendered web applications.
Ember.js follows the “convention over configuration” principle, which means that developers need to structure their applications using certain conventions. There are many tools and add-ons available for faster development of web applications with Ember.js, including Ember CLI, Ember Inspector, and Fastboot.
- Debugging becomes effective with Ember CLI.
- The use of a standard structure makes it easy to understand a codebase.
- Steep learning curve.
Summing it All Up